Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jigsaw blades - more than meets the eye

When I first purchased my Skil Jigsaw, the hardware owner told me that it had  three bundled blades -  for wood, metal and a thin blade for curves. I was thrilled. Ever since I have been collecting jigsaw blades in my trips around Vellore and Ludhiana. Most of them come as multipurpose sets.
However I recently came across a Bosch catalogue  that details the various types of blades and their uses. There really is more than meets the eye and I suppose a carefully chosen and well maintained blade will be really worth its price.
Now to find someone who can actually source the blades. One thing I have learnt is to never be satisfied with what your local hardware guy can provide, as he will always provide the blade or tool that is fast moving and cuts or functions average. 

2 comments:

  1. Years back my friend had a bosch jigsaw. I used to borrow it frequently. Now I have an Hitachi which does not take Bosch blades.I have quite a bit of blades as I believed in stocking up!! I will try see if some one is going to Chennai can take them to you if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! I however live in Vellore that is two hours (theoretically) from Chennai. But do contact me at drvinayoommen@yahoo.co.in if you are planning this.

    ReplyDelete