Monday, April 16, 2012

Dremel 2505 bar clamp

Dremel 2505 clamps 
This was my first purchase of bar clamps. I think they are also called quick release clamps. I decided to go ahead with the purchase after reading Indranil's post on his blog The Indian DIY and Woodworker.  The only one that I could identify for purchase online in India was the Dremel 2505 clamp. This came as a set of 2 which I purchased from Mach Power Tools, Chennai.
I must say I was very pleased with their service. They had an online chat support, and this helped clarify doubts. They responded well to phone enquiries and the person on the other end was able to clarify my doubts. Besides they shipped by first flight courier and I got the clamps in three days. That really is something. Here's to more dealings with them.
The clamps are small but provide sufficient grip. The rubber ends prevent damage to wood. I was able to clamp a piece of wood on to the dining table and drill out holes using a circular bit. There was no damage to the table. They are very easy to use. My four year old son  also uses them as a toy to clamp things that he wants.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vinay,

    Thanks for the review, primarily because i am planning on picking up a pair of these. I live in Chennai, so most probably i'll take a ride down to MPT and pick up the clamps from there.

    At present i use C/G clamps, Jon Bandari ones, They are good, but require some work screwing them and unscrewing them. I was not sure if the QR clamps were really effective especially when drilling or sanding, but according to you they work, so will definitely try them out next.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machpowertools is really good. I ordered a silk work bench, dremel easy lock kit and two clamps and got them on the third day to Hyderabad. The cost is almost same as that available locally plus courier charges. The range of products is amazing and will not hesitate to buy more products from them if they are not locally available.

    Dr. SVL Narasimham
    Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete