Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wooden Toy Sword

This is a toy sword made for kids in the age group 5 years or so.

Wooden sword from finger jointed rubber
Wood : finger jointed rubber, 18 mm thick. I had a long waste piece that determined the total length.

Cutting : Using a skil jigsaw. The corners were rounded over using a rounding over bit on my router table.

Finish: Well I do not know how long this will last but i used virgin olive oil and rubbed off the extra. I will post updates on how this fares. I wanted everything to be natural.

Final Product : I probably should have made a pair. This is a very basic sword with no detail, but I suspect that in a kids eyes, a long stick, this sword and the most elaborately detailed one are equal. Kids.. the great levelers...

My son Arpit with the wooden sword





No comments:

Post a Comment